Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#81 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

I want to replace the missiles on my Catapult with nuclear powered speakers - alternating Wagner with Drum'n'Bass -the Valkyries shall ride the battlefield once more!

#82 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostOmigir, on 07 February 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

First off, 5 pages. EAT THAT YOU DOUBTING NANCIES!

Second, I know the artist who made the above mech and I rather like it, and all of her work is very TRO.. not to mention it was actually used int he cockpit sims. So if you do not like the above mech, you automaticly dislike TRO designs and you like gundams.

And finaly, My prediction:
I had a good one, cant recall what it was..

Oh yes, I recall now

What the Dev's meant by missiles will no longer be fire and forget and more difficult to use, what they really ment is that when you fire a pod of missiles, the other mech will be prompted through a series of button commands and you will have to hit them as well, who ever does it more accurately wins. And if the other mech wins, they do a barrel roll and evade the missiles.

#83 Captain Wolfsburg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

I think that, because everyone in the CBT/BT fandom secretly loves LAMs and hates the fact that they were all but shunted out of CBT, they will include LAMs at launch and they will have fully animated transformations and be so blindingly fast that nobody will be able to hit them with anything. Piloting a LAM will give you x100 XP for each kill you make, and if you outfit your LAM with nothing but LRMs you can perform a Macross style Itano Circus attack and swarm missiles in random ballistics trajectories at your target, which then will alter course and hit their target EVERY TIME. Of course, there will be a module required for that.

Also, I think they will release a USB adapter for those of us who wasted invested money in the Steel Battalion controller so we can use it to play MWO.

Oh, and if you pilot an Urbanmech you will be given the option to make your pilot look like Oscar the Grouch :o

#84 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

An Elite_L1_Urbie pilot. :o

#85 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

All Mech's will feature the ability to "headbut" as a sort of "final stand"; The mech will begin to topple in the direction specified by it's pilot, launching a mini-game where the pilot gets to choose when to eject.

Obviously one could eject early & make it to relative safety, however, for maximum style, a cry of "NOOOOOOB TOOOOOOBE!" Shall be heard whenever a pilot ejects at just the right angle to smash into the cockpit of another Mech.

Depending on the type of ejection mechanism, this will range from doing devastating, insta-kill damage (I foresee chain headbutting), to very, very messy splatters that will render other pilots as good as blind, unless they stump for the purchasable "Small Homeless Man with a Rag Cloth" who will ride on your Mech's shoulders, ready to leap into action for nought but a small wedge of cheese.

#86 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

All 'mechs will have tactical consoles that you can use for buffs, debuffs, and other effects. If you want to slow an enemy advance, you can try to draw a "trap" card...er console where you can lay down a mine field, or anti-mech infantry, or some other effect. As the battle progresses, you can build up a powerful "hand" and collect Power Rods to boost your performance while trying to inhibit your opponents.

if you play long enough, you can build up a particularly effective console deck. Or if you need a jumpstart, you'll be able to purchase a themed system deck with random consoles. The current common themes will be based on the Five Great Houses, with rare cards - I mean consoles which feature ComStar, LosTech, SLDF, and some semi-rare consoles like Wolfs Dragoons, Gray Death Legion, and the random effects set for Snord's Irregulars.

#87 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

In a nod to Battlefield 3... If you cockpit an opposing Mech, killing the pilot, we will collect their dog-tags. When a requite amount is collected we can turn them in for c-bill credits or cool swag like nit caps or wallet chains.

#88 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

The Proclaimers will be writing a bangin' techno soundtrack full of phat bass for MWO.

#89 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

My wild speculation is that this thread is pure win.

No...wait. That's not speculation at all!

I predict they will sell hats like TF2 and I will most certainly be riding in the 'most gentlemanly' Mech...the Atlas in a top hat with monocle and cane.

#90 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostMchawkeye, on 09 February 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

When the Devs talk about "working with major controller manufacturers" they are talking about a set of USB dice that you have to roll instead of pulling a trigger on a joystick/pressing a mouse button. In fact, with the dice, they have managed to do away with most of the unnecessary button and keyboard presses that have plagued the older games of the franchise.

If that works, they are talking about representing the action with small, painted figures that also connect via USB so that we can do away with the monitor and more directly control the action.

If that is successful, they'll go wireless with all the above products.

The controllers will only be available through Ocean Marketing.

#91 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

My wild speculation:

In order to flesh out the game experience mech repairs will be performed manually using parts that you can either aquire from your Facebook friends at a rate of three per day or purchase with "Grease-Bills" which cost a mere $15.99 per 20.

Also to diversify the demographics 'Mech customization will not be limited to weapon loadouts and paint schemes but will also include 20-inch rims (chrome, spinners, etc), 160 db sound systems, switches (for hittin'), gold plated chandeliers, Jesus fish decals, Darwin fish decals, Jesus fish eating Darwin fish decals, tinted windows, naked lady mudflaps, Yosemite Sam mudflaps, "My child is an honor student" stickers, "I'd rather be fishing" stickers, "My other 'Mech is an Atlas" stickers, and "Baby on board" signs.

#92 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostOmigir, on 09 February 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

...And if the other mech wins, they do a barrel roll and evade the missiles.

Press Zee or RRR twice. Try ah somersault. Try ah U-turn! Try hovering. Use bombs wisely. Whats takin so long? Whats takin ya so long Fox?

#93 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

3 days! 3! AND~ the 2nd day in a row that this topic has been on top of gen discussion when I log in after work! That is an effing win! TRY AND SENSOR THIS SOPA!

Ok so for my prediction today, I have two of them:

Prediction one, MWO is cake, and we all know Cake is a lie. What MWO really is is simply MW:LL getting sponsored and they are just shelling it over and doing 3rd party support like leagues did in the past to MW4. n__n

Prediction two, MWO will actualy be a digital miniatures game that will use your webcam to look at your desk and will display the 'digital figurines' in what your webcam sees. THE BATTLES WILL BE EPICALLY SMALL! And for repairs, it will be done exclusivly through Facebook in a mini game using touch screen supportable computers or devices only.

Edited by Omigir, 10 February 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#94 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

To shake up the monotony of constant combat a game mode will be included called "Iron Tech", in this exciting feature players will be introduced by a flamboyantly dressed Kuritan to challenge one of the Iron Techs (Devs) in "Mech Bay Stadium". The Iron Tech and player are each given a 'Mech bay with numerous parts and a "Secret Ingredient" and tasked to create a variety of 'Mechs that best highlight the attributes of the Secret Ingredient. These 'Mechs will be judged by a panel of visiting celebrities and no prizes will be awarded to the victor.

#95 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

OK New top 10 Speculations form Opus:

1: Story-line Canon Battles result in unfair Skills Bonuses to House faction players: Fortunately for Mercs, and Ronin Mech Pilots They all die in 3050 as the clans invade....

2: Pretty Pony Players are given Bonus points for running weaponless across battlefields, with Boombox speakers blaring Kumbaya theme music....

3: Grounds effects High Lights, now include Neon, and Sparkle flashes upon Legging My Pretty Pony Players..

4: Bryan becomes the new forum Troll .. .. .. ..

5: Solaris Arena Mod can be purchased for 29.95 at Steam upon public release of MW:O

6: MWO is so succcessful resulting in mass IPO release for piranha games, and Opus buys out Russ upon owning all 35 shares....

7: Jump jets now fire in Rainbow colors for Pretty pony members

8: PPC Contrails now glitter.

9: Territory Battlegrounds now have Arena Honor points you can spend on WoW Armor and weapons or SWOL lightsabers

10: Recent covert operations has learned that Canada has seen a mass shortage of Energy Drinks and Frew-Frew Designers beers near Piranha Games offices...Speculation was flamed when Paul was seen holding a case of Zima going into late night fight clubs, err test simulations...

Edited by Opus, 10 February 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#96 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

The Mechwarrior will be able to get out of their mechs, walk around , pick up 'hos' and hijack other mechs at gunpoint, then complete various missions hopefully with out attracting the attention of the filth or 'Clanners'.

#97 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Really good scout pilots will have a Ricer aura ah la Initial D.

#98 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

still 5 pages.. and bottom of the front page.. the steam is slowing down!

Ok.. so here is todays speculation.

THE URBAN MECH WILL NOT BE IN THE GAME! but still will be highly regarded as the OP mech int he game and will become the 'golden warthog' of the series.

#99 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

The UrbanMech will only be available to players who unlock all 6 Chaos Emeralds in every level.

#100 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I was thinking of locking this thread just to watch Omigir flip out.

Spoiler

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users